Skillsoft Survey Finds L&D Professionals Are Not Ready for Digital Transformation and Unaware of the Skills Required to Deliver It
CAMBERLEY, UK, 07 March 2018 – Skillsoft, the global leader in corporate learning, today announced that a survey of 152 Learning and Development (L&D) professionals revealed a lack of understanding and preparation for digital transformation.
The survey, carried out in February 2018 at Learning Technologies 2018 shows that over half of those surveyed are unaware of, don’t understand, or don’t know how digital transformation will apply to their organisations. As a consequence, over three quarters do not know what related skills their employees will require in order to ensure a successful digital future.
- 87 percent of L&D professionals are unaware of all the skills their organisations will need to deliver digital transformation
- Less than half (45 percent) are confident their organisation’s training is adequate when it comes to preparing for digital transformation
- Yet, 87 percent believe that digital transformation will have a positive impact on L&D
- 46 percent believe that digital transformation will have a bigger impact on their company than Brexit or the upcoming European General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
- Agility (31 percent), capability (28 percent) and efficiency (23 percent) are perceived to be the most important aspects of digital transformation. Only 9 percent of those surveyed consider productivity to be most important.
The survey highlights a concerning gap between general awareness of digital transformation, and an understanding of the practical awareness, knowledge and planning that L&D professionals need to undertake to prepare their organisations.
« Organizations across all industry verticals are faced with the task of supporting the convergence of technical and business acumen. Digital transformation is not just about embracing new technology, it is about a change in the way people think and how the organisational culture supports innovation, » said Steve Wainwright, Managing Director for EMEA at the Skillsoft Group. « Skillsoft’s new digital transformation course series is designed to help organizations address this challenge and prepare for the road ahead in industry-changing technologies such as cloud, data analytics and Internet of Things. »
To learn more about Skillsoft’s new Digital Transformation course series:
About Skillsoft Skillsoft is the global leader in corporate learning, providing the most engaging learner experience and high-quality content. We are trusted by the world’s leading organizations, including 65 percent of the Fortune 500. Our mission is to build beautiful technology and engaging content that drives business impact for today’s modern enterprise. Our 500,000+ multi-modal courses, videos, authoritative content chapters and micro-learning modules are accessed more than 130 million times every month, in 160 countries and 29 languages. With 100 percent secure cloud access, from any device, whenever, wherever. www.skillsoft.com